Call to Colorado Artists!
MegaFauna has partnered with Montana Silversmiths to bring a once in a lifetime opportunity to the creative community of Colorado with the Mile High Roundup, Buckle Design Shootout.
Open to artists of all mediums and inclusive of previously neglected design subcultures such as punk, skate, graffiti, street art, and other historically alternative inspired art movements with your own Western inspired flair.
There is no entry fee and ALL artists are welcome to submit as many designs as they see fit.
We are not in the business of wasting anyone’s time. We know your time and creative energy, as an artist, is valuable. As such we want to reward your efforts behind this offering.
Artists get paid here, but your work must be selected.
Deadline November 1, 2014 at High Noon part’ner
SUBMIT YOUR DESIGNS HERE > www.megafaunastore.com/milehighroundup/
Upon receiving all material from artists, each submission will be evaluated by a selection committee at Montana Silversmiths. Montana Silversmiths will select the top 24 designs for final review.
The Sales & Marketing Department at Montana Silversmiths will select the final 12 designs.
Each of the selected 12 finalists will be paid $100 per design and Montana Silversmiths will create a buckle. As part of the compensation package all top final designs will be produced. Montana Silversmiths will pay for all CAD CAM and production charges; and will provide 50 buckles to each artist selected as a finalist. Each buckle will be valued at MSRP $35-$49.
Additionally, MegaFauna will be provided with a selection of the finalists buckles to promote, sell and market in collaboration of producing this campaign to support local Colorado creativity.
In the event any of these items go to print (production and or catalog) MS will offer a royalty to the artist or artists involved. This will be negotiated once items are selected however, typically between 2-4% of sales for a season or for as long as the item is in the catalog.
*IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING YOUR CREATIVE SUBMISSIONS: ALL the other submitted art, not selected, will be send back to the artist or in the case of digital media, deleted and not used for any further development.
These finer points of course will be spelled out with a document provided to each submitting artist.
(submit initial application to receive contest details and submission procedure and contact information for MegaFauna as the point on the project)
More about Montana Silversmiths:
For nearly 40 years, Montana Silversmiths is focused on producing and offering products of exceptional value. Nestled in the tiny hamlet of Columbus, MT, we’ve grown to become the largest supplier of western jewelry, watches, home décor, and legendary buckles to the industry. Handcrafted silver, rich in western heritage, is the very core of Montana Silversmiths. Our skilled craftsmen are the finest in the western industry, crafting products that are a combination of traditional western designs, unique modern flair, crisply executed engraving styles unmatched in their brilliance, and a keen attention to detail. Read more here > http://
More details about the contest:
1. The theme or inspiration guideline is WESTERN – contemporary interpretations of the theme. Sculls, guns, pin up girls, long horns, hearts, hats, motorcycles, camping trailers, booze, cerveza, tequila, cactus, Mexican, southwestern, you name it, ANYTHING as long as it is not offensive or inappropriate.
2. What is deemed inappropriate? Hateful, derogatory, racially or sexually offensive material. Or material that which could be used to specifically target or single out one particular subgroup with the intention of causing that group harm. We understand that there should be no limits placed on the creative during this process but use your best judgment, we trust you will do your best.
3. Buckle Design competition, opened to all artists, with preference to Edgy/Skate board/Alternative/
4. No entry fee. Artists are welcome to submit as many designs as they would like. All entries should be submitted as a drawing, to size, or a carving, to size. If a carving is submitted, we request that the artist send us a hard version of the piece after creating a mold. Electronic files are also acceptable.
5. Format – Size should be close to 4” wide by 3” tall (give or take). The buckle can be the drawing, by this we mean that it can follow the shape of the design, as long as they keep in mind that this is to be a wearable buckle.